Guidelines & Etiquette
Welcome to Spacious Skies Shenandoah Views! We are happy to have you here and look forward to hosting you. To help make your stay at our campground as pleasant as possible for you and all other campers joining us, we ask that you please observe the following rules:
All guests and visitors must check-in at the main office upon arrival, and all guests must agree to and sign a copy of these terms & conditions (e-signature is encouraged in advance of arrival).
- 2pm for RV/Tent
- 3pm for Cabins/Lodging
- **If you arrive before check-in time, your account may incur an early check-in fee of $25
- If arriving after office hours, please call ahead to make arrangements.
- 11am for all site types
- **If you leave after check-out time, your account may incur a late check-out fee of $50
- Quiet Hours are from 11:00pm – 8:00am. Wind-down begins at 10pm.
- All children 12 years old or younger must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Guests are responsible for the behavior of their children or any children visiting them at the park.
DAY AND OVERNIGHT VISITORS OF CAMPING GUESTS:
Adults (18 and over):
- $10 for day
- $15 for overnight
- $8 for day
- $12 for overnight
- No charge for children under the age of 5
- Day visitors of camping guests must leave the park by 10:00pm wind-down.
- Guests of the park are responsible for the behavior of their visitors, and all visitors must adhere to the campground rules at all times.
- The speed limit in the park is 5 MPH at all times.
- All vehicles, including golf carts, must only be driven on roads.
- Parking is permitted in designated parking areas or at your reserved site.
- Up to 2 vehicles are allowed at each site, depending on the size.
- Vehicles can only be parked in designated parking areas.
- Management approval is required for any exceptions to the parking guidelines.
- All vehicles, including recreational vehicles, trailers and motorcycles, must be registered and have current tags.
- All vehicles must be driven safely and responsibly.
GOLF CARTS / ATVs (wherever applicable):
- Campers must provide proof of liability insurance and a valid driver’s license for anyone who will be driving the vehicle.
- Anyone driving a golf cart/ATV on campground property must have a valid driver’s license.
- Manufacturer’s seating requirements must be followed.
- Use of ATVs on campground property is limited to traveling directly to ATV trailheads. If the campground you are staying on has designated ATV parking, you must use it rather than park at your campsite. You may not operate ATVs under any other circumstance on campground property.
- Golf carts/ATVs may not be driven after dark unless outfitted with working headlights and tail/brake lights. They also may not be driven during quiet hours.
- Only 1 golf cart is allowed per site. Up to 2 ATVs are permitted per site (if designated ATV parking is not available). (MAX 3 altogether)
- All vehicles must fit in your space (cannot encroach on other spaces) and cannot be parked on roads or in visitor parking lots.
- Please take your trash to the dumpsters located in the park.
- All trash must be in trash bags and tied up.
- Do not leave trash out at any time.
- Dumpsters are only for daily campground trash. Household trash or large items are prohibited.
- It is the registered party’s responsibility to keep their site clean and uncluttered at all times.
- Guests must leave their site as they found it and be sure to clean up all debris at their site before departing. This
includes leaving all landscaping, trees, wooded areas, and the like on the property undisturbed.
- Cutting down tree limbs or chopping down trees on the property for any use, especially as firewood, is strictly prohibited.
- The state of each site is recorded prior to arrival and after departure. Fees related to damage done to property, including but not limited to environmental fees, may be charged to the registered party if applicable.
- Use RV-appropriate septic chemicals and RV/Boat toilet paper ONLY. Regular home toilet paper is not permitted and will negatively affect our septic system.
- Nothing other than RV/Boat toilet paper is allowed to be flushed into our septic system, including but not limited to diapers, feminine products, textiles, trash, or cigarettes. Black water tanks must be kept closed and only emptied when full.
- Moving from site to site is prohibited unless prior arrangements have been made with management.
- In case of emergency, management reserves the right to move vehicles or belongings without notice or liability.
- Alcohol may be consumed in moderation at your site. Possession or use of illegal drugs is strictly prohibited.
- All RVs are required to have an approved sewer ring or sewer donut for sanitation purposes.
- Campfires are allowed in designated fire pits / fire rings only.
- Fire rings may not be moved from their positions; they are in their location to avoid utilities underground. If the fire pit/fire ring is removed, we reserve the right to charge the card on file.
- Smoking is not permitted in any campground building or common area. Cigarette butts must be disposed of immediately in the appropriate receptacles.
- Firearms, bows and arrows, or fireworks are not permitted on the campground.
- You must be able to remove your recreational vehicle (motorhome, travel trailer, pop-up, etc.) from your site with your own vehicle at any time staff requests for reasons that include safety.
POOL OR NATURAL BODY OF WATER (if applicable):
- All guests and visitors of guests swim at their own risk.
- There is no lifeguard on duty.
- All minors must be accompanied by an adult in the swimming area.
- All diapered children must wear a swim diaper and are prohibited from entering the swimming area in a regular diaper or if they are undiapered.
- All posted rules for the pool area or a natural body of water must be followed at all times.
- No glass containers are allowed in or around the pool or any body of water.
- If boating is offered, lifejackets must be worn at all times.
- We allow up to 3 pets per site/ 2 pets per lodging accommodation.
- Pets are limited to cats and dogs; no wild or exotic animals are permitted.
- All pets must be well-behaved and non-aggressive and current on their vaccinations.
- You must provide a copy of your pet’s current rabies certificate at the time of check-in.
Pet fees are as follows:
- Cabins and Lodgings (excluding Retro rentals): $25 per pet, per reservation
- Retro Rentals: No pets allowed
- RV and Tent Sites: No fee
- Pets must be accompanied by their owner at all times.
- Pets must always be on a leash.
- Pets are not allowed in pools, lakes, or other natural bodies of water on the campground.
- Please clean up after your pet – bag up and throw away dog waste in the designated trash bin.
LODGING DEPOSITS POLICY:
- If you have reserved a cabin, yurt, onsite RV rental, rental house, or any other type of lodging, a fully refundable deposit will be placed on your credit card at the time of check-in.
- The refundable lodging deposit will be held until inspection of the lodging upon your check-out and will only be charged in the case of vandalism or damage to property.
- Cancellations more than 3 days prior to arrival day will incur a 10% processing fee of the reservation total.
- Cancellations within 3 days of arrival day will forfeit the reservation total (no refund).
- Early departures are still responsible for the entire balance of the reservation/full stay.
- No shows are still responsible for the entire balance of the reservation/full stay
- Cancellations outside of 7 days before the arrival will incur a 10% processing fee of the reservation total.
- Cancellations within 7 days of the arrival date will forfeit the reservation total (no refund).
- Early departures are still responsible for the entire balance of the reservation/full stay.
- No shows are still responsible for the entire balance of the reservation/full stay.
*We will not provide deposit refunds for any site type or accommodation for reservations on holidays or holiday weekends.*
**We require the entire balance due to be paid upfront in order to confirm your reservation.**
- All guests and their visitors use the campground and park facilities at their own risk. Guests and visitors agree to hold harmless and indemnify the campground from and against all lost, liability and expense that may be incurred by the camper.
- Management is not responsible for loss or damage of any property, whether on an assigned site or elsewhere on the campground.
- Management assumes no responsibility for accidents or injuries to clientele and guests.
- We reserve the right to eject any person(s) without refund for detrimental conduct.
- Acceptance of these terms and conditions indicates that the camping party, their visitors, and anyone using the property and amenities are responsible for reviewing, understanding, operating within the rules of the campground.
- Rules and regulations are subject to change.
READY TO START BOOKING?
MILITARY & FIRST RESPONDER DISCOUNT
To show our appreciation for all active duty and retired military service men and women, EMT’s and First Responders, we offer a 10% discount. To apply the discount, please use code MILITARY10 or FIRST10 at checkout.
*Offer cannot be combined with any other discounts. Must present valid ID at check-in.
Take your indoors outdoors
at Spacious Skies Shenandoah Views
Spacious Skies Shenandoah Views sits up on an evergreen hill in the Shenandoah Valley with views that span for miles off the Blue Ridge Mountains. The famous Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park is a short drive away, as are the Luray Caverns for spelunking, the Shenandoah River for rafting and tubing, and a number of historic Civil War sites for your educational pleasure.
Spacious Skies Campgrounds, LLC is committed to providing an accessible experience for all visitors to our website, including those with disabilities. If you experience difficulty in accessing the Spacious Skies Campgrounds website, please contact us at email@example.com or (862) 777-0319.